Author Topic: Pryor's Trail Maintenance Aug 15th  (Read 2872 times)

Offline cgroves

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Full Member
    • View Profile
Pryor's Trail Maintenance Aug 15th
« on: August 10, 2015, 05:58:38 PM »
TSATV Volunteers,

Firmed up things for the Switchback road 2096 maintenance for Saturday, August 15th. Information:

-Ranger Allie Wood and another ranger will be leaving Red Lodge about 7:00 AM. They plan on being at the east end of 2096 which is off of Crooked Creek Road about 9:00 AM. They will have a skid steer, chain saw, etc. They need to walk the skid steer from Crooked Creek to where the Switchback starts.

-Allie estimates the work will take about 4 to 5 hours. They would like to move dirt and rocks along 2096 which have sloughed down on the trail. They want to go from the bottom to the top. They also plan on cutting some trees which are in the way or leaning over the road.

-They would like volunteers to help moving trees and shovel areas around where the skid steer is working. We will find out more when we get there.

-Shovels are probably all you need to bring with. I will bring a bar and I think the rangers will also bring at least one. We will no need to bring the TSATV trailer.

-A few people with Magic City 4X4 may also be there to help. 

-Allie would also like to have a chat to see if there are other maintenance needs and issues we should discuss.

-Allie did not recommend travel through the Crow Reservation road up to the Sage Creek road. They are having some troubles with the tribe regarding access though the reservation. We could  use the highline road, but it is rough. She said they were going to go around the south side and go up Crooked Creek Road.

-We could unload on the west side or the south side of the Pryors and ride our machines to Crooked Creek, or we could trailer all the way to Crooked Creek. I'm open to ideas. There are several routes we could take if we unload at Stockman, Bear Canyon, Red Pryor Divide or Red Pryor Road. Let me know what you would like to do. We can ride together or meet on Crooked Creek Road.

-We probably need to leave Billings fairly early. We can set up a meeting time and location.

-We could go for a ride after the maintenance work is over. We will be at the top of 2096 and could ride to where we parked earlier.

Let me know if you can attend and if you have some thoughts.

Thanks

Bruce Reierson
860-1660 
Chet (Crash) Groves

2011 Honda Rancher 420 4X4

Offline cgroves

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Full Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pryor's Trail Maintenance Aug 15th
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »
For anyone interested in going on the pryor trail maintenance I have two open spots on my trailer for atv's if you would like to carpool. Give me a call or text me to let me know.

Chet

406-694-5064
Chet (Crash) Groves

Offline cgroves

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Full Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pryor's Trail Maintenance Aug 15th
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 05:41:40 PM »
Hey All
We will be leaving Bridger for the Pryor trail maintenance at 7:30 for those of you interested in joining us for this great event.

Chet
Chet (Crash) Groves